first blog of the summer...so late. -.-
So far, this book is very...unique. its not a big i would have chosen personally, because it doesn't fall under my types. There are a few interesting ideas in the book, and the author does point out a few good techniques that are very helpful. Reading these tips and reminiscing back to old books that I have read, I do some connections, so that was an interesting experience. I do agree with the ideas in this book too, well so far, since i only began reading it. But the ideas in this book are conventional, simple, and easy to understand.
A few things I'm not so excited about in this book is, well, basically the language. Not that I can't comprehend. The language is very...boring. It loses my attention very fast for some reason. I think its because when he gives examples of what the author is trying to explain by using different books, half of the books I haven't read, or even heard of for that matter. So, sometimes, I am lost with what the author is trying to explain.
I did like the chapter about the communion thing. That was interesting, because I've only thought about communion as something religious. Not until i read that chapter did I realize that communion does not exactly half to be a religious experience. That was a great tip because there were so many books I've already read that vividly describe dining scenes, and not once did I think about it as a communion. Also, I like the chapter about vampires (not that I'm a big fan of twilight or anything) but I really liked how the author said that vampires and ghosts don't exactly half to be present or visible. Characters don't exactly half to be monsters, but they can represent them, carrying specific traits that monsters have. I really liked those ideas.
So far, this book isn't really hitting it with me. It has its good moments, as well as its bad. The ideas are great, but the contents lose my interest. ohwells.
No comments:
Post a Comment